Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 10 College Against The Spread (74-81-2) & The Game of the Week (LSU @ Alabama)

Last week's spread picks were down right scary, Halloween style. It marked my lowest record of the season, sucking it up with a 6-12 record. Very dissapointed by Oklahoma State's big choke job at home against Texas and a litany of other favorites stumbling and underdogs choking. Even my Sooners played more trick than treat, having to struggle to hold off Kansas State at home.

With all the scares of Halloween past, can we look forward to Thanksgiving and hope my picks are more thankful? Does that even make sense?

Miami -13.5 vs. Virginia
Pitt -21.5 vs. Syracuse
Indiana +10.5 vs. Wisconsin
Iowa -16 vs. Northwestern
UCF +36 @ Texas
Wyoming +13 vs. BYU
Notre Dame -11 vs. Navy
Ga Tech -16 vs. Wake Forest
Iowa St. +7.5 vs. Oklahoma State
Penn St. -3.5 vs. Ohio St.
Washington St. +32 vs. Arizona
Oregon -7 @ Stanford
TCU -24.5 @ San Diego State
Utah -27.5 vs. New Mexico
Cal -7 vs. Oregon St.
Vandy +35 @ Florida
Houston +1 @ Tulsa
Oklahoma -5.5 @ Nebraska
USC -10 @ Arizona State
Cincinnati -17 vs. UConn

Some notes here...

--I just can't stand Texas and Florida and I truly hate these lines. Both of these teams are as hot and cold ad the faucets in your shower, which way will the dial turn? I think Vandy and UCF are bad opponents, but those are tons of points.
--Indiana showed some grit despite falling short against Iowa. I expect them to keep it up this week at home against a much weaker Wisconsin squad.
--Speaking of emerging schools, Iowa State is just a few weeks removed from a huge upset of Nebraska. They get 7.5 at home against a struggling Okie State team; look for the Cyclones to really put a fight. OU stuggled to win up there a few years ago.
--Speaking of OU, I must believe the Sooners can go into Lincoln and win Saturday night. If Iowa State can...

And the game of the week, Saban Bowl for all the marbles in the SEC West...

Alabama -7.5 vs. LSU

Listen, ok, I need something to believe in. I believe Sean Cody can block kicks. I believe Mark Ingram is the frontrunner, or should be, for the Heisman. And I must believe Alabama can eventually end the madness of the reign of the chosen, the evil one, the one they call Tebow. In order to do that, Bama must get by LSU. Despite a lackluster performance last week, I expect (and truthfully hope) the Tide roll at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment